Wednesday, June 27, 2012

3. Ghosts

Early on in the HP books we are introduced to the concept that ghosts are real for the characters in the story.  Most religions recognize the idea of a soul.  Let's assume that souls are real and that when someone dies, occasionally a disembodied soul does not leave or otherwise cease to exist and thus remains as a ghost.

To me, this isn't that far-fetched of a notion.  Clearly, there is something that is the difference between a live, healthy person and either a dead person or one who is in a coma for the rest of their life.  This "soul", whatever it is, would appear to be that difference.

Many people claim to have seen or even spoken with ghosts or spirits.  Just because I personally have never seen one I can appreciate the seriousness of the witnesses who have related to me their own ghost stories.  I believe them, that they saw something otherwise unexplainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment