Thursday, June 28, 2012

5. Divine Inspiration

Assuming then that aliens have some sort of agenda with respect to us as a species, it would seem likely that they are trying to teach us things.  Individually, they may attempt to guide us to be more spiritual, to be more artistic, to follow our dreams, etc.  Globally, they may attempt to educate us about new things by first inserting those ideas into the heads of authors.  If the author is successful in publishing their book then it would seem likely that the guiding alien ("guardian angel") of the author would enlist the help of other aliens then to influence movie producers and ultimately potential audience-goers.  Think of it as telepathic-marketing, if you will.

Honestly, the Harry Potter story was fantastic.  But isn't it possible that we--as fans of the story--might have been internally coached into liking the story more than we otherwise would have?  I personally remember beginning to read the first chapter of the first book and I could feel the anticipation.  It was almost as if it was preordained that I would like the book.  I immediately felt a close connection to the character Harry and I was hooked much sooner than I should have.  Nothing had actually happened yet in the story, to be honest.

Having just finished the first book I began to agree with the sentiment that my own life was destined for greatness somehow, that I'd known this all my life up to this point.  But it took reading that book for me to realize that for the first time, if you will.

Looking back upon that moment, though, I feel as though I was prompted by my conscience to read the story, prompted to like the characters, etc.  It's almost like having a friend who tells you what to wear, what things to say in order to be cool... someone who seems to already know the outcome before it's even happened yet.  Could these aliens already know our future and somehow feel the need to quickly train us for something that's about to happen?

I don't think J.K. Rowling has been the only author who's been targeted by the aliens to teach us (by proxy).  I list here a few of the movies I've watched (and books) which seem to be trying to teach us that aliens exist and what our future may hold.

  1. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, to include the extra two small, related books done for charity
  2. The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
  3. Enemy Mine (1985 movie)
  4. They Live (1988 movie)
  5. The Host by Stephanie Meyer
  6. Star Wars (1977 movie)
  7. Avatar (2009 movie)
  8. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
  9. Watership Down by Richard Adams
  10. The works of J.R.R. Tolkien
  11. Inception (2010 movie)
  12. Independence Day (1996 movie)
  13. The Matrix trilogy (1999-2003 movies)
  14. The Twilight saga by Stephanie Meyers
  15. District 9 (2009 movie)
  16. Contact (1997 movie)
  17. 2001, A Space Odyssey (1968 movie)
  18. The Rama trilogy by Arthur C. Clarke
Each seem to include warnings and information whose intent seems to be to guide us, to enlighten us, to broaden our awareness.  Many of the movies listed are on the list of highest-grossing films of all time.  If what I'm suggesting is correct then telepathic-marketing would be the reason for their popularity, ensuring that the maximum number of people would be influenced by the introduced ideas.

In fact, it's almost as if Earth is a school and we're the pupils...

No comments:

Post a Comment